Slow computers can bring a lot of frustrations to the computer owner especially if there are tasks that need to be finished immediately. Computers that are slow will not only compromise your productivity but will also make you lost a lot of precious time. Furthermore, a slow computer will not only affect an individual but can also affect the productivity of organizations and businesses. This is the reason why it is important for a computer owner to have the knowledge to let his computer run faster.
There are many ways to make your slow computer run faster and we have made a list below to serve as your guide.
- Run the system disk cleanup/repair Temporary files such as caches, cookies, internet history, among others all take space on your system memory which eventually slows down the computer. By using the system disk cleanup or repair, it will clean all those unnecessary files on your computer and speed up your computer immediately.
- Stop programs from running automatically during the startup A lot of computers run slow because it runs programs in the background automatically during the startup. All you have to do is stop all unnecessary programs from automatically running to make your computer run faster. However, there are also important programs that should be allowed to run automatically because of its functions such as firewall and antivirus software.
- Programs not use should be uninstalled or deleted We are referring to programs that are already pre-installed on your computer. Usually, these programs will take up the space of your computer memory and will automatically run all the background processes which will slow the computer. As the owner of your computer, your best destination should be the control panel and delete or uninstall all the programs which you are not using.
- The hard disk must be clean If your hard disk has only 10% of free space in the memory, this will definitely slow down your computer. What you will do is delete unused and old programs while compressing all the other files especially those large ones. By doing this, you will save more memory and will make your computer runs faster
- Older videos and pictures should be saved on an external drive or cloud storage As a computer owner, this is the best thing you can do to save up or free some space in your computer system. This will make your computer run faster while also backing up important photos or videos that you want to keep.
- Anti-virus, anti-malware, and spyware cleaner must be installed to the computer Let’s face it, viruses, bugs, and malware contribute to the slowness of your computer. Therefore, managing these unwanted visitors is an option if you want to make your computer runs faster. Managing means installing software against malware, viruses, and spyware into the computer. This will also give an additional layer of protection to your computer while increasing your safety measures at the same time.
These are just few of the things that you can do to make your computer faster. There are other ways that you can do but these steps that we have listed are proven to work effectively. When you begin to notice that your computer runs slow, you try the 6 steps we have listed and for sure your computer will have improved performance.
- How to access your internet router settings using 192.168.l.0.1?